This easy path will take you to discover some Romanesque churches and other historic buildings around the medieval town of Vicopisano.
A leap in the Middle Ages through the streets of the ancient fortified village of Vicopisano. Climb along the alleys of the town to discover breathtaking views and ancient military outposts to reach a beautiful Romanesque church surrounded by nature. And if you want to, you can conclude the tour with a visit to an ancient oil mill, followed by a tasting / light lunch with their products.
Difficulty: Simple, for everyone
Route development: public roads, mule tracks and dirt roads
Total ascent: 92m
Total walking time: about 1: 20h
Available all year round
Meeting: 9.30 am Vicopisano SP38.
The return to the starting point is expected by approximately 12.00
- The use of light hiking shoes or sneakers is recommended;
- The Guida has the right to cancel the excursion in case of bad weather or uncertain weather;
- The Guida has the right to vary the route and / or the destination of the excursion in relation to weather conditions, the type of group accompanied or any other reason that the Guida considers valid to justify such variations;
- It is the Guida’s responsibility to calibrate the pace of the excursion based on the level of training of the group, even at the expense of reaching the intended destination;
- Minors can participate in the excursions only if accompanied by one or more adults who are directly responsible for them; minors are under the direct responsibility of parents, teachers, carers of all qualifications and grades or whoever is on their behalf.