A trek that will take you to discover some Romanesque churches and other historic buildings in the town of Vicopisano.
A plunge into the Middle Ages through the streets of the ancient fortified village of Vicopisano. Climb up the alleys of the village to discover breathtaking views and ancient military outposts to reach a beautiful Romanesque parish church surrounded by nature. And if you wish after the walk you can end the tour with a visit to an ancient olive oil mill followed by a tasting/light lunch with their products.
Difficulty: Simple, for everyone
Route development: Public roads, mule tracks and dirt roads
Total ascent: 92m
Total walking time: about 1:20h
Meeting: 9:30 a.m. Vicopisano SP38.
Return to the starting point is expected approximately by 12:00 p.m.
- Lightweight hiking or sneakers are recommended;
- It is the Guide’s right to cancel the excursion in case of bad weather or uncertain weather;
- It is the Guide’s right to vary the route and/or destination of the excursion in relation to weather conditions, the type of group accompanied, or any other reason the Guide deems valid to justify such variations;
- It is the Guide’s responsibility to calibrate the pace of the hike according to the training level of the group, even at the expense of reaching the planned destination;
- Minors may participate in excursions only when accompanied by one or more adults who are directly responsible for them; minors are the direct responsibility of their parents, teachers, chaperones of all titles and grades, or whoever.